9 RULES OF THE RULES
1. All rules are subject to other rules unknown to them.
2. Careful observance of incomprehensible rules is the right way to violate them.
3. A rusted rule is an iron rule that is not observed.
4. The golden rule can retreat, referring to the diamond rule.
5. Flexible rules are a source of stability and … ugliness.
6. The most beautiful rules are those that no one knows about, but that everyone follows.
7. Rules, like rabbits, like to multiply quickly.
8. Rules supplementing other rules will inevitably be supplemented by other rules.
9. There will always be rules that will indicate the inconsistency of existing rules, including the above-mentioned rules.
9 FUNNY RULES FOR HANDLING UNFAMILIAR DOGS ON THE STREET
1. Not only can people be afraid of unfamiliar dogs, but dogs can also be afraid of unfamiliar people.
2. People know this, but may not feel it; and dogs feel it, although they may not know it.
3. Not only can people be kindly interested in stranger dogs, but dogs can also be kindly interested in stranger people.
4. Cowardice towards alien dogs can be risky, bravery towards them can be no less risky.
5. Looking at a passing dog may not be safe, not looking at it may also be unsafe.
6. It is unwise to stay where you are when an unidentified dog approaches you; it can also be unwise to stand still when such a dog approaches you.
7. Be careful to pass unnoticed when you see an unfamiliar dog; also, be careful to attract the attention of such a dog.
8. Why not smile if a beautiful unfamiliar dog wants to smell you; but what good can it be if it wants to smell you?
9. Keep in mind that some scary-looking dogs can be cute, but some cute-looking dogs can be scary (in fact, so do people).
9 SERIOUS RULES OF CROSSING THE STREET FOR THE MOST SERIOUS AND NOT VERY SERIOUS PEOPLE
Rule one. It is better to observe the rules of the road on earth than to reflect on them in heaven.
Rule two. The most important transition in a person’s life is the one that he or she makes now, crossing some street.
Rule three. Crossing the street, do not imagine that you are going to be hit by a car: sometimes bad ideas can come true.
Rule four. What is ahead of you depends on what is on the left or on the right.
Rule five. Be on your guard: even the nicest person behind the wheel can be the one who takes your life.
Rule six. It is necessary to notice traffic light signals, not forgetting that others may not notice them.
Rule seven. Even if the street is empty, this does not mean that a speeding car will not appear on it in a second.
Rule eight. It’s better to think that you have a shabby coat, or tight shoes, or you are catastrophically short of money, or you are a loser in life, only after you have crossed the street.
Rule nine. You can prolong your life by successfully crossing the streets.
9 RULES OF NEGOTIATION FOR FUNNY GUYS
1. Negotiations about something are, first of all, negotiations with someone.
2. You can’t negotiate with someone without knowing what to negotiate about.
3. Sometimes, knowing what and with whom to negotiate, it is better not to start them.
4. To start negotiations, you should first see their end.
5. To see the end of negotiations, you should look at their beginning.
6. Not every end of negotiations contributes to their beginning.
7. Not every start of negotiations contributes to their completion.
8. In order to start negotiations, preparations for them must be completed.
9. It is impossible to prepare for negotiations without preparing for the preparation of negotiations.
9 NOT VERY FUNNY RULES FOR YOUNG SCIENTISTS
1. Science loves the curious. But that’s not enough to be a scientist.
2. In fact, only the super-curious achieve success in science.
3. However, in science, curiosity and even super-curiosity are also not enough, because nothing can be done without knowledge.
4. But even this is not enough for a scientist, since one also needs to work hard.
5. Alas, this is also not enough, because a scientist should be systematic in research.
6. As you probably expect, this is not enough in science either: human relationships are also important for your explorations.
7. Yet, all this is also not sufficient without creativity.
8. And, of course, none of the above matters if one doesn’t publish academic works.
9. Finally, nothing is enough without some luck. But this has little to do with science.
9 FUNNY RULES FOR NOVICE DIPLOMATS
Rule one. In order to build relations with other countries, you may first build relations with your bosses and colleagues at home.
Rule two. To learn how to negotiate with foreigners in a foreign country, you can first carry bags and suitcases of senior members of high delegations visiting this country.
Rule three. It is necessary to know your native language well since it can be assumed that every young diplomat has already mastered a foreign language.
Rule four. In diplomacy, the ability to write is more important than the ability to breathe.
Rule five. In conversations and negotiations, you should always tell the truth, but not necessarily everything you know.
Rule six. To control words, you need to control thoughts, but to control thoughts, you need to have them.
Rule seven. The appearance can hide a lot, but not the absence of intelligence.
Rule eight. You need to be able to observe others, but even more importantly – yourself.
Rule nine. It is necessary to have internal rules in order not to turn diplomacy into the art of firm adherence to international rules, gently bypassing them.